USA > Maine > Androscoggin County > History of Androscoggin County, Maine > Part 53
Note: The text from this book was generated using artificial intelligence so there may be some errors. The full pages can be found on Archive.org (link on the Part 1 page).
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10 | Part 11 | Part 12 | Part 13 | Part 14 | Part 15 | Part 16 | Part 17 | Part 18 | Part 19 | Part 20 | Part 21 | Part 22 | Part 23 | Part 24 | Part 25 | Part 26 | Part 27 | Part 28 | Part 29 | Part 30 | Part 31 | Part 32 | Part 33 | Part 34 | Part 35 | Part 36 | Part 37 | Part 38 | Part 39 | Part 40 | Part 41 | Part 42 | Part 43 | Part 44 | Part 45 | Part 46 | Part 47 | Part 48 | Part 49 | Part 50 | Part 51 | Part 52 | Part 53 | Part 54 | Part 55 | Part 56 | Part 57 | Part 58 | Part 59 | Part 60 | Part 61 | Part 62 | Part 63 | Part 64 | Part 65 | Part 66 | Part 67 | Part 68 | Part 69 | Part 70 | Part 71 | Part 72 | Part 73 | Part 74 | Part 75 | Part 76 | Part 77 | Part 78 | Part 79 | Part 80 | Part 81 | Part 82 | Part 83 | Part 84 | Part 85 | Part 86 | Part 87 | Part 88 | Part 89 | Part 90 | Part 91 | Part 92 | Part 93 | Part 94 | Part 95 | Part 96 | Part 97 | Part 98 | Part 99 | Part 100 | Part 101 | Part 102 | Part 103 | Part 104 | Part 105 | Part 106 | Part 107 | Part 108
Major John Rowe came about 1817, and lived on Rowe's Hill, and died in 1822. He was sergeant-major in the Revolution, and received a commission as major in 1799 and 1800 during the French trouble, in which he was noted for his patriotism and zeal as evinced by his successful efforts in raising a regiment for the defense of the country. He married Charlotte Green, of Portland, a milliner who was somewhat famous for her personal charms and varied accomplishments. The major was brave, patriotic, and warmly devoted to the
437
TOWN OF LISBON.
interests of his country. He was a gentleman of good attainments, well- educated, of fine and commanding personal appearance, a wooer of the gentle Muse, and inclined to consider Bacchus and Venus entitled to share his devotions with Mars. He and his wife were very social, lived in fine style, entertaining with ease, and fond of company. The writer has a diary kept during the Revolution, his orderly book, and MSS. of original and selected poetry, toasts, and sentiments. He also has a choice set of old china ware, and Albert C. Neal, Esq., a set of decanters and glasses used on festive occasions at his hospitable board (which were of frequent occurrence, and famed for style and luxury). After his death his wife removed to Portland and engaged in her former business, but came back to Lisbon and resided until her death in 1848. They had no children. She and her sister were attached to the ways and fashions of earlier life, and are remembered for their peculiarities of dress, stateliness of manner, and various accomplishments. Charlotte was possessed of fine musical taste, and often entertained her youthful visitors by performing for them on the guitar, which she played with ease and grace.
John Smullen came from the Parish of Raphos, Donegal county, Ireland, and port of Londonderry, in 1784. He belonged to a Protestant family whose ancestors were Hollanders, who came to Ireland in the army of the Prince of Orange. When 19 years of age, John visited relations in Pennsylvania, and finding that some of the family lived in Maine, came to see them, married one and took up a farm in Lisbon and remained until his death in 1825. Mr Smullen was one of the selectmen in 1801, and for several years after. Two sons, Joseph D. and Samuel, and three daughters, Margaret, Jane, and Mary survived. Joseph had a daughter who married B. R. Potter, of Bowdoin, and now lives on a part of the original farm which was divided between Joseph and Samuel ; also a son, John, who lives in California. Samuel left one son, Samuel E., who lives at Lisbon Falls, and two daughters, Mehitable, who married Isaac L. Doughty, of Topsham, and resides on a part of the old farm, and Margaret, who married S. P. C. Prince, of Brunswick, and now lives in Webster. Margaret married James Hewey, had three children, Robert, Mary S., and Andrew C. Mary is now living at Bath. Andrew C. Hewey was well known in Sagadahoc county, having been clerk of courts from 1856 until the War of the Rebellion, where he was paymaster in the Army of the Potomac. At the close of the war he entered into the practice of law at Bath; a son, James E. Hewey, is now clerk of courts in York county. Jane married Samuel Baker, of Lisbon, had one son, John S. Baker, a prominent lawyer in Sagadahoc county for thirty years. She was left a widow and mar- ried Jonathan Davis of Webster. Mary married William Starbird and lived at Sabattusville until 1840, when they moved to Bath.
Thomas Roberts, a joiner, came here from Somersworth, N. H., in 1800; he lived in a house which stood opposite Berry's tan-yard till 1819, when he
438
HISTORY OF ANDROSCOGGIN COUNTY.
removed to the factory. He built the old tavern stand at Little River for John Raymond in 1804 or 1805; was a deputy sheriff for some years. His son Thomas was born and always resided in Lisbon. He was a connecting link between the past and present generation, his memory being exceedingly good, and his knowledge of men and times extensive. He died in 1878. Abijah Metcalf served under John Paul Jones during the Revolution ; abandoning the sea he came to Brunswick and thenee to Higgins's Corner in Lisbon, where he took up and cleared the farm now occupied by the Widow Higgins. He was in town as early as 1787. Adoniram Sinclair, an early settler, came from Kennebunk. John Woodward came from Massachusetts; married a daughter of Hodgkins, who took up the farm now occupied by Nathaniel Bard. Descendants of Woodward now reside in the neighborhood. Stephen and Jacob Whittemore, brothers, came from Bowdoin in 1786; they lived in the house now occupied by Sylvanus Small. John, son of Stephen, was born in Lisbon, February 22, 1798. He taught school 20 winters in Lisbon and adjoining towns. He was a member of the school committee, selectman, and justice of the peace for many years. He was a member of the second Frec Baptist church in Lisbon 41 years, and deacon 16 years. He died in 1879. His son Albert enlisted in the Union army from the West, and died in service.
Calvin Cowen was in town when Smullen came. He came from Bruns- wiek ; was a soldier in the Revolution ; married a sister of Hezekiah Coombs, and settled on the farms now owned by Moses Sawyer and Mr Healy. Charles Smith settled on the farm now owned by Winter Marr. Smith sold to Stevens, who sold to Joseph, son of Hezekiah Coombs, who sold to his son John H., who sold to Marr. George Sawyer came from Dover, N. H., was in the Revolution, settled on a farm near Southwest Bend, and married Hannah, daughter of John Dain who came from Connecticut; he settled on the Wagg farm near the river, and married Elizabeth Proctor. William Dain settled on an adjoining farm, and married Mary Wagg. Joseph Thompson came from Fal- mouth ; married Kerinhapock Proctor, and settled near Lewiston line. William, his brother, married Annie Duval, of Falmouth, and settled on the Bend Island. Boswell settled east from George Sawyer, near where the Bend Ferry is now located ; he died early, and his farm passed into the hands of McGray. Daniel Green took up and cleared the farm next below Boswell's; he went into the Revolution when 16 years of age. Ilis father settled on the farm next below (afterwards occupied by his son William). He was born in England. Coming to America he served in the French and Indian wars, also the Revolution; he married Jane Dustin. William, his son, married Hannah Blethen. David Green, brother of Daniel and William, settled on the farm next below John Blethen ; he married a Blaisdell. William Neal lived next below Daniel Green; he came from North Berwick, and married Mehitable Kilgore. He was a man of considerable influence and held various offices.
439
TOWN OF LISBON.
Henry Moulton, next below Neal's, came from Falmouth. Merrill, next below Moulton's, was from New Gloucester. He bought of Hezekiah Wyman the farm now owned and occupied by John Ham. Rev. D. Pierce, next below Merrill, was a Calvinist Baptist clergyman, came from Durham; married Abigail Additon; moved to Greene, where he died. Simon Johnson, next below Pierce, came from Harpswell, and married a daughter of Samuel Wilson, who settled next below Johnson ; his farm was afterwards owned by Daniel Johnson, a brother of Simon. Daniel married a Holbrook, daughter of Wilson's second wife. Isaac Whitney settled next below; he was a son of Benjamin. Alexander Sutherland came next below ; his farm was afterwards occupied by his son Benjamin, who married a Whitney. James W. Purinton came from Topsham ; built a tannery, and afterwards sold to Edward Berry. Increase Blethen, second son of John, took up the farm now owned by Rev. J. P. Redlon. He married the Widow Malcolm. John, Increase, and James Blethen came from England. Increase settled in Phillips, James at Cape Elizabeth, and John, the father of Increase, settled on the farm now occupied by Charles Hartshorn. John Blethen had three wives, and 27 children by the first two. Eldridge G. Blethen is a great-grandson of John.
John Dean established the first ferry at Southwest Bend, in 1799, above the Bend Island. In 1810 a ferry was running below the island, and both were in operation until 1817, when a bridge was built. In April, 1819, a portion of the bridge was carried away. The bridge was rebuilt the same season, in 1846 was again carried away and has not been rebuilt; the river is now crossed by ferry.
Benjamin Whitney owned the farms now owned by the Bibber heirs and a portion of the Hewey farm. He came from New Meadows, married Nancy Hinkley, was part owner in the first grist-mill at Little River, and was the miller. He died in 1799. His sons were Abram, Isaac, Jacob, Nathan, Benjamin, Joseph, and Samuel. Two were in the Revolution. Abram was one of the foremost business men of his day. Isaac lived at the foot of Rowe's Hill, Nathan where Addison Metcalf lives. Samuel was father of Jacob, who died in 1889 at Lisbon, age 85, John, and Samuel L. William Bucknam came from Falmouth, Me, about 1798, and settled on the farm now occupied by his grandsons, Nathan and George Bucknam. William Bickford came from Cape Elizabeth to Lewiston about 1798. Subsequently he settled where Captain Thomas Jordan now lives. He had a family of seven children; two of the daughters are still living. His sons, William, John, Aaron, and James, settled in Lewiston. William came to Lisbon, where he died. Aaron lived on the old homestead where he died April 6, 1863. Seth H., his son, is now living in Lisbon, on the Patrick Irish farm. Mrs Mary Goody came from Cape Ann to Lewiston about 1799, and settled on the farm formerly known as the Ilart farin, where she died in 1828. But one child, an only son, came with
440
HISTORY OF ANDROSCOGGIN COUNTY.
her, and he lives in Lisbon, on the White lot. True Woodbury came first to Durham, but settled in Danville. He had a son, Benjamin, who moved to New Gloucester. His son, John P., settled in Lisbon on the James Jordan farm near the Lewiston line. Winter Marr, father of Edward, was born in Webster in 1814. He moved to Lisbon in 1847, and carried on farming and brick-making until his death in 1889. He was a member of the Free Will Baptist church, and was always an advocate of temperance.
Samuel Nichols first came to Durham towards the close of the last century, and took up a farm near Southwest Bend. He had a family of six sons and four daughters; the sons were Thomas, William, James, John, Lemuel, and Sammel. Of these, Thomas settled in Durham near New Gloucester line, and had a family of 10 children, Betsey, Enos, Sally, Margaret, Rebecca, Thomas, David, John, Mary Jane, and Benjamin. Betsey married Samuel MeGray, August 9, 1795, and settled in Durham on the place now occupied by Widow Jones near Southwest Bend; from thence they removed to Lisbon and settled near Captain MeGray's ferry. He died March 19, 1872, and his wife, March 28, 1872. Richard Doan moved from Portland, Me, to Durham, 1798, and took up the farm now owned by George Estes, near Methodist Corner. Mr Doan had a family of 10 children, Joanna, Sarah C., John K., Mary L., Nancy, Olive S., William, Margaret A., Harriet M., and Lucy Ann. Harriet M. married Joseph Nichols. Ephraim Jordan came from Cape Eliza- beth in 1787, and took up the farm in Webster now occupied by Charles E. Garcelon. He lived here until his death, December 11, 1846. He reared seven children. His son, Thomas, lives on the Foss farm. Henry Jordan came from Webster about 1825, and settled on the farm now in possession of his son, Isaiah L.
Thomas Godfrey and Abraham Whitney purchased tracts of land from Samuel Thompson, and were probably among the first settlers at Little River. Thomas Godfrey lived on the John Douglass place. He was father of John Godfrey, who went to Topsham and became a prominent ship-builder. Abra- ham Whitney was one of several brothers, of whom Isaac, Nathan, and Samuel settled here. He lived next above the old post-office, and was an active and prominent business man in his day. He raised a large family, of whom Benjamin lived and died at Little River, leaving two daughters now living here, Priscilla W., wife of Niah Gould, and Octavia T., wife of Albert C. Neal, Esq. Abraham, Jr, lived and died at Lisbon, leaving a daughter in Durham, the wife of Emery S. Warren, Esq. Among the active business men, from 1790 to 1810, at Little River, were Samuel Tilton, who lived near John Cornish ; Jabez B. Fletcher, near William K. Corning; Merrell Jordan; Ebenezer Fellows lived near John Douglass; Joseph Langden, near railroad crossing; William Wise, who married Thankful, a daughter of Samuel Thompson. These were active business men, and after the general prostration
441
TOWN OF LISBON.
of business, left here. Hezekiah Coombs came to Little River about 1785. He was a soldier in the Revolution. His son, William, was born in 1788, and, after he came of age, purchased a farm on the ridge now owned by Mr Hannaford. William Coombs was an energetic business man, held several town offices, and was a fearless and faithful leader of the Democratic forces, in opposition to Aaron Dwinal, leader of the Whigs. They were both men of choleric tempera- ment, and espoused the cause they loved with a zeal not always tempered with discretion. William Coombs had two sons, Levi T., a deputy sheriff and dealer in stoves and hardware at Lisbon, and George W., a tailor at Lisbon Falls. Joseph Coombs, another son of Hezekiah, lived in the eastern part of the town, adjoining Webster, on the farm afterwards owned by Winter Marr. He had two children, Hannah, wife of John H. Green, and John H. Coombs. Abel
Nutting, born in Groton, Mass., in 1757, was a soldier through the Revolution, and took part in Lexington and Bunker ITill. He came to Bath in 1783, and stopped at the house of Ebenezer Coombs, where he formed the acquaintance of Rhoda, whom he married in 1784. He came to Lisbon in 1788 and settled north of Lisbon Factory, at Jordan's Mills. In 1804 he removed to a farm about half a mile above the village, having on it a log house and hovel built by Russell Hinkley (now the Haskell farm), where he remained until his death, January 18, 1828. He left a wife and 13 children. His widow married William Green, who died at Lisbon in 1849. She died in Lisbon, April 17, 1867, at 99 years, retaining her faculties up to within a few days of her death. Aaron Nutting, Esq., for many years town clerk of Lisbon, is a grandson of the Revolutionary hero.
John Raymond was a merchant in Boston in 1799. He bought a store and lot at Little River that year, and came here to reside in 1804 or 1805. He built the old tavern where the Androscoggin House stood, and his store stood on the lower side of the old road, near the railroad crossing. He died in 1810, and his wife in 1812, leaving an only child, Ann Raymond, who married James Barker, of Boston. Mr Barker never lived here, but became the owner of the estate belonging to Raymond at Little River, and purchased other lots and claims, so that at his death a large portion of the real estate there was in his possession. He spent considerable money and time in hunting up and pur- chasing the various interests and outstanding titles to the property there, and his memorandum of titles and conveyances shows him to have been a man of thorough system and deep research. Although sanguine that the place must become of importance, he did not live to see his hopes realized. IIe is described to me by Isaac N. Davis, Esq., his agent, " as a gentleman of the old school, of fine personal appearance, dignified, somewhat precise, of great firmness, and of the strictest integrity." In 1861 John G. Tebbets and Edward Plummer purchased the Barker estate, comprising all the water-power on Ten- mile Falls, and having united with them Oliver Moses, of Bath, and others,
442
HISTORY OF ANDROSCOGGIN COUNTY.
obtained a charter, built a mill, and began the great development of the place. Jacob Gould came here from Bath as carly as 1790, settled first on the place now owned by Seth Bickford, but moved to the place now belonging to his family about 1801. He died December 27, 1862, aged 94 years. His oldest child, Major Stephen Gould, was born in Lisbon, October 17, 1791. He was for many years a deputy sheriff of Lincoln and Androscoggin counties. Jacob Gould had three sons : Stephen, who died in 1875, aged 84; Niah, now living in Lisbon, aged 86; Jacob, who died in 1890, aged 83. Aaron Dwinal, son of Amos Dwinal, was a Revolutionary soldier; came from Worcester county, Massachusetts, about 1800: settled at Webster Corner; left here in 1840, and died in Leeds in 1844. He was a very active and influential man, held various offices of trust and importance, and was leader of the old Whig party in town. His son, Simeon, is living in Lisbon, and his other sons now living are: Calvin, at Bangor; Owen, at Mechanic Falls ; Amos, in Aroostook; and a daughter, Abigail Davis, near Bangor. Rufus Dwinal, of Bangor, a noted lumberman and mill owner, was a son of Aaron. Simeon was representative in 1841, and has held other town offices.
Robert Jack, son of Joseph Jack, of Topsham, was prominent in the early days. By hard study he gained a good education, including Latin, Greek, and Astronomy. He taught school, finally came to Lisbon and opened a store, including in his stock-in-trade the beverages of the day. He claimed to be the first who offered print or calico for sale in Lisbon. He was for years clerk and selectman of Lisbon. He was a public-spirited citizen, and one of the number who purchased and cleared the grounds now used as a cemetery, and afterwards aided in digging a well in the square and in putting in " the town pump." He built a number of fine houses, planted some of the first shade trees in the place, around his residences, and tried to induce the citizens to plant trees on each side of the first mile of the road to Lewiston. He married Sarah Staples, of Topsham, and had four sons, one of whom, Robert W. lives in Lisbon.
Early Mills .- John Raymond erected a mill on Little River, probably as early as 1806, which was operated by John Perry as a clothing mill for some years, when he sold to Gardner Frost, who continued the business until 1835. John Mayall, an Englishman, erected a wooden woolen mill in 1808-10 on the Sabattus, just above the bridge. This was on the first or upper privilege of Farwell Mills, is still standing in good preservation. He occupied it until 1822, when Horace Corbett, of Walpole, Mass., purchased it and operated it until 1850 as a satinet mill. No machinery was run in it until 1860, when James F. Hirst, an Englishman, leased it and occupied it for the manufacture of repellents until 1863, when he removed to Sabattus. John Robinson, another Englishman, was the next lessee, in 1863, and manufactured flannels until 1867. The same year Corbett sold the mill to N. W. Farwell, who
443
TOWN OF LISBON.
repaired it and occupied it as a cotton mill. He also bought a large amount of land near the mill.
On the Moody privilege, below the bridge at Lisbon village, a grist-mill was built on the east side of the river near the end of the present dam as early as 1800, by Gideon and Abel Curtis, and Lisbon Factory was then called Curtis's Mills. This mill was tended by Eben Coombs, who came from Bath about 1803. He lived in a house where the house occupied by W. H. Miles, agent of Farwell Mills, now stands. William Batchelder later built a seythe factory just above this mill and conducted it some time. The first mill on the west side was built about 1804 by Gideon Curtis, afterward owned by Nathaniel Gerrish, who came from Durham in 1817. He and his son Joshua, for some years, carried on the lumber business, when, Joshua's health failing, he opened a store, and traded where his son, E. M. Gerrish, now trades. Nathaniel built a brick hotel in 1831 near the location of the office of Farwell Mills, which was torn down in the seventies. He was a justice of the peace, school committee man, etc. He sold the mill property to Joseph Moore in 1833; he to Samuel Moody in 1835, who was succeeded in ownership by a local syndicate in 1865, which sold to N. W. Farwell in 1867. The large cotton mill of the Farwell Manufacturing Company now occupies the entire privilege.
War of 1812 .- There were three companies ordered out. The first was commanded by Captain Aaron Dwinal. There were 84 men, of whom three were living in 1873: William Woodard, a sergeant; Simeon Dwinal, son of the captain in Lisbon; and Deacon Caleb Kilgore, of Portland. Second company, Captain Peter Whitney, 31 men. Joseph Webber, of Lewiston, was the only survivor in 1873. Third company, Captain Samuel True, 73 men, nine were living in 1873: Sergeant David Spofford, Webster; Corporal James Farrar, of Lisbon ; and Nathan Farrar, Robert Jordan, Moody Spofford, Gardner Frost, Benjamin Jordan, Benjamin Grand, Greenleaf Spofford.
Early Physicians. - Benjamin H. Mace was one of the early settlers. Daniel Garcelon, deceased, was of Lewiston, uncle to Dr Alonzo Garcelon. Simeon Foss, deceased, came from Farmington. Wm MeLellan, deceased, came from Skowhegan. A. Brawn, now living in Biddeford. A. W. Hobbs, now living in Freedom, N. H. N. J. Wedgwood came from Litchfield, grad- uate of Maine Medical School, now in Lewiston. HI. C. White, from Litchfield, also and a graduate of Maine Medical School, is now in Somerville, Mass. D. B. Sawyer, now in Lewiston, married Charlotte, daughter of Joshua Gerrish.
The First Town Meeting of Thompsonborough was held at the house of Samuel Tebbetts, Esq. (at Webster Corner), March 17, 1800. Samuel Teb- betts was chosen moderator; Noah Jordan, town clerk ; Robert Hue, treasurer; Thomas Ham, Samuel Tebbetts, Jonathan Hebberd, selectmen and assessors ; Adoniram Sinkley, constable and collector; Calvin Cowing, Joseph Dearing,
444
HISTORY OF ANDROSCOGGIN COUNTY.
John Hue, John McManas, Thomas Tebbetts, William B. West, Downing Gooding, Russell Hinkley, Ephraim Jordan, Josiah True, Jonathan Fogg, Simon Crocker, Stephen Dodd, Benjamin Ham, surveyors of highway ; Abel Nutting, Samuel Thompson, John Tebbetts, Samuel Tebbetts, Jr, surveyors of board; Samnel Tebbetts, culler of hoops and staves. 1800, April 7, adjourned town meeting. Voted Ephraim Jordan, Phineas Jones, Benjamin Ham, Isaac Hinckley, fence viewers; Robert Hughe, Abel Nutting, Thomas Tehbetts, Samuel Hinkley, Jonathan IIebberd, Abraham Frost, tything men ; William B. West, Ephraim Jordan, Eliasom Maxwell, Joseph Dearing, Calvin Cowing, Joshway Jordan, Edward Waymouth, William Mitchell, hogreeves ; Voted for town charges $60, highways $400, schools $250. Votes cast for governor 47, James Sullivan having 39.
The School Districts were divided, May 3, 1802, thus: No. 1 .-- Noah Jordan, Moses Brown, Aaron Dwinal, Ephraim Jordan, Phineas Jones, Abner Jordan, Jonathan Jordan, William Jordan, Stephen Foss, Patrick Arish, Foster Went- worth, William Bucknam, Russel Hinkley, Aaron Whitney, Thomas Sinkler, Samuel W. and Seth Hinkley, Hannah Davis, Nathan Hanson, Abel Nutting, Marget Coombs, Andrew Coombs, Samuel Tebbetts, Daniel Whittom, Samuel Jenerson, Thomas Thorn, John and William Bourk, Stephen and William Dodd, Josiah Barry. No 2 .- Nathan Metcalf, Ephraim Toothaker, Jacob Whittemore, Abijah Metcalf, Calvin Cowing, John Smullin, A. Patten, Joseph Cowing, John Woodard, Stephen Whittemore, Charles Smith, Dyer Heagens, Thomas Wilson. No. 3 .- Isaac Hinkley, William B. West, Joseph Killgore, Jacob and Moses Gould, Hugh Owen, Lemuel, Samuel, and Thomas Hinkley, Benjamin Ham, Archibald, Amasa, and Luther Smith, James Welch, John Sinkler, Edward Sawyer, Stephen Staple, Thomas Ham, Robert Coombs, Nathaniel and Adoniram Sinkler. No. 4 .- Daniel Harison, Miller and Joseph Hinkley, Widow Baley, Theophilus Tebbetts, Daniel Wescott, John Morris, Elisha Patterson, Hezekiah Hall, Jesse Holdbrooks, Thomas Tebbetts, Bradey Baley, John Tebbetts, Eliasom Maxwell, Samuel Tebbetts, Jr, Isaac Tebbetts, Robert Felton. No. 5 .- Robert Hewey, John Rideout, Balcher Jones, Levi Temple, Samuel Bennet, Elijah Jones, Joseph and Samuel Dearing, Robert Dunkin, Timothy Heagins, Nathaniel Gilpatrick, John Smith, John Henderson, John Nowell, William Hegins, Jonathan Whitney, Paul Nowell, Alexander Gowing, John Memaners, Joseph True, William Heath, Jonathan Whitney, Jr, Benjamin Henderson, Simeon Crock. No. 6 .- Matthew Jordan, James Wilson, James Collens, William Mitchell, Patrick Conner, John Wilson, Silas Hamilton, Samuel Thompson, Robert W. Niles, James Maxwell, Daniel Green, Jonathan Mitchell, William True, Nathaniel Smith, William Jordan, Jr, Joshua Jordan, John Farrow, Jonathan Hebbert, Phinehas Spofford, James and Stephen Hebbert, Elias Moody, Matthew and Samuel Libby, John Gould. No. 7. - John, John, Jr, and James Hewey, Elisha Hanscom, Joseph and
445
TOWN OF LISBON.
Thomas Maxwell, John and William Rideout, Jacob Pettingill, Samuel Malet, Zebulon Pribble, John Larrey, Nathaniel Sheldon, Downing Gooding, Abraham Craft, Nahum, Edmund, and Jonathan Waymouth, Benjamin Hodgkins, Simeon Hamilton, Elias Storey, Jacob Furbish, Benjamin Jordan, Jethro Sandborn.
Need help finding more records? Try our genealogical records directory which has more than 1 million sources to help you more easily locate the available records.