USA > Maine > Androscoggin County > History of Androscoggin County, Maine > Part 64
Note: The text from this book was generated using artificial intelligence so there may be some errors. The full pages can be found on Archive.org (link on the Part 1 page).
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10 | Part 11 | Part 12 | Part 13 | Part 14 | Part 15 | Part 16 | Part 17 | Part 18 | Part 19 | Part 20 | Part 21 | Part 22 | Part 23 | Part 24 | Part 25 | Part 26 | Part 27 | Part 28 | Part 29 | Part 30 | Part 31 | Part 32 | Part 33 | Part 34 | Part 35 | Part 36 | Part 37 | Part 38 | Part 39 | Part 40 | Part 41 | Part 42 | Part 43 | Part 44 | Part 45 | Part 46 | Part 47 | Part 48 | Part 49 | Part 50 | Part 51 | Part 52 | Part 53 | Part 54 | Part 55 | Part 56 | Part 57 | Part 58 | Part 59 | Part 60 | Part 61 | Part 62 | Part 63 | Part 64 | Part 65 | Part 66 | Part 67 | Part 68 | Part 69 | Part 70 | Part 71 | Part 72 | Part 73 | Part 74 | Part 75 | Part 76 | Part 77 | Part 78 | Part 79 | Part 80 | Part 81 | Part 82 | Part 83 | Part 84 | Part 85 | Part 86 | Part 87 | Part 88 | Part 89 | Part 90 | Part 91 | Part 92 | Part 93 | Part 94 | Part 95 | Part 96 | Part 97 | Part 98 | Part 99 | Part 100 | Part 101 | Part 102 | Part 103 | Part 104 | Part 105 | Part 106 | Part 107 | Part 108
Hon. Elijah Barrell. - The history of East Bridgewater, Mass., says that William Barrell died in 1806, aged 91 years, and that Joshua Barrell was a soldier of the Revolution, and in 1778 was an ensign. The family says that Joshua was a son of William, who died aged 92 in Massachusetts, married Olive Bass in 1769, had nine children, and in 1801 came to Turner, where he died in 1828, aged 82; that he was a blacksmith and not allowed to enter the army, but was kept at work on guns. Elijah Barrell was the sixth of Joshua's children, and was born October 28, 1783. He lived in Bridgewater and Salem, Mass., Augusta, Wiscasset, Bath, Paris, and Greene, was educated at Hebron Academy, became a carpenter, school-teacher, merchant, and farmer. He came to Greene about 1814, as a teacher, and, after a time, formed with Anslem Cary, the long-continued and successful mercantile firm of Barrell & Cary. He represented Greene several terms in the legislature, as a Whig, was in the state senate, held the various town offices, and a commission as justice for many years, and was trustee of Waterville College from 1825 to 1826. He was a Republican after 1854; for many years he was deacon of the Baptist church, and a Free Mason. He died November 19, 1866. He married Adaline S. Kimball in 1822. Among their children were Adaline E. (Mrs William Folsom), Emily S. (Mrs Nathan D. Stanwood), Ann J. (dec.), Frances I. (married Rev. C. M. Emery), Nellie R. (married (1) Captain L. Lemont, (2) Virgil H. Sprague), Lillias W. (Mrs Charles A. Bradbury).
Charles Augustus Bradbury, son of Joseph F. and Lydia R. Bradbury, was born in Auburn, June 15, 1842. His father was a farmer in Auburn, Lewiston, Greene, and Wales, and was son of Samuel Bradbury, an early settler of Minot, who was born December 4, 1777, and died September 16, 1843. Joseph F. Bradbury was born February 11, 1816, and died June 29, 1889; his wife, born September 15, 1815, died March 5, 1845. Mr Bradbury has been a farmer,
525
TOWN OF GREENE.
and was a member of Company G, Twenty-third Maine, enlisting September 1, 1862. He married Lillias W. Barrell December 6, 1867. They have one daughter, Alice J., a teacher. Mr Bradbury is a member of the G. A. R., a Baptist, and a Democrat, and has a large number of friends, and a very pleasant home on a well-tilled and productive farm.
Alfred Pierce, M.D., was a son of Benjamin Pierce, who emigrated from England and made his home in Westmoreland, N. H., prior to 1776. He was one of the signers of the "Association Test," and one of the "embattled farmers " of the Revolution. He figured in civil as well as military affairs, was frequently moderator, and served as selectman. Dr Pierce was born in West- moreland, N. H., November 12, 1790. His wife was Betsey Robbins, of Hanover, Mass. He came to Greene in 1817, and established himself as a medical man at Greene Corner. As a physician he was successful, and as sur- geon he took high rank. He always manifested a lively interest in educational affairs, was a member of the first board of superintending school committee, and for many years one of the trustees of Monmouth Academy. He was one of the leading men in town matters, served as town clerk, chairman of the board of selectmen, justice of the peace, and first representative to the Maine legislature. He was a member of the governor's council in 1839. For many years he was postmaster. In politics he was a Democrat of the Jacksonian school; in religion a Universalist, and was a leading man in the society. He possessed a pleasing address, was interesting in conversation, warmly attached to his friends, and peculiarly amiable in all his family relations. He died April 20, 1860. Mrs Pierce died October 19, 1878. Their children were Albion and Alfred. Dr Albion Pierce was born in Greene, December 14, 1832. He was educated at common schools and at Monmouth, Hartland, and Gould's academies; attended the medical department at Bowdoin and Harvard, was graduated from Harvard in 1860, and there received his degree of M.D. Dr Pierce succeeded his father as physician. He has served fourteen years as town clerk, and has held the office of town treasurer. Like his father, he is a Democrat and prominent in the Universalist society, and he possesses many of his father's characteristics. Dr Pierce married, December 25, 1880, Charlotte I. Bailey. Alfred Pierce is a farmer on the homestead.
Caleb Gilbert, born May 9, 1780, son of Elijah Gilbert, who probably came from Plymouth County, Mass., about 1783 to Turner, married Diana Curtis. Of his children were Lewis, born April 15, 1801, and died aged nearly 84 years. He married Eunice, daughter of Benjamin Alden, the early settler of Greene, who was sixth in descent from John Alden, the first of the Pilgrim band to step on Plymouth Rock, and the last male survivor of those who came in the Mayflower, whose romantic love story was so beautifully told by Longfellow. Mrs Gilbert died at the age of 66. Lewis Gilbert removed from Turner to Greene, where he combined house carpentering and farming. Ziba Alden
526
HISTORY OF ANDROSCOGGIN COUNTY.
Gilbert, son of Lewis and Eunice ( Alden) Gilbert, was born in Greene, November 4, 1832, and was educated at the schools in Greene and at Monmouth Academy. In 1860 he married Clara Bradford. They have two children, Clarence Irving and Jennie Louise. Mr Gilbert is a Universalist, a Republican, by vocation a farmer, and has been prominently connected with the agricultural interests of the state. He is a member of the Patrons of Husbandry, secretary of the State Board of Agriculture, a trustee of Maine State College, president of Maine Pomological Society, and has been editor of the Maine Farmer from November, 1883. He is a positive man of great activity and pronounced convictions, and a writer of more than ordinary ability, wielding a keen and trenchant pen, and giving logical reasons in a pertinent way. His work in the preparation of the annual reports of the agricultural and pomological societies show great labor and care, and thorough familiarity with the subjects and their details.
Silas Richardson was an early settler from Dracut. He was a shoemaker, a farmer, and an honest man. His son, Joseph M., succeeded to the homestead and possessed a love of horticulture and pomology. His experiments did much to call the attention of the people to improved orcharding. Mr Oliver Mower says: "Perhaps no man in town (except the Messrs Gilbert) knew so well how to give a tree symmetry of form and increase its productiveness with least expense as he."
Hannibal Farwell, Esq., came from Vassalboro about 1817, settled at first in the north part of the town, and subsequently lived on the farm formerly owned by William Mower. He was the father of Alanson B. Farwell, who was a lawyer and prominent man in Augusta.
John Lewis Howe, son of Lewis W. and Sarah (Parker) Howe, was born August 13, 1834. His father came from Leeds and was a son of Stephen, and grandson of Ichabod Howe, a pioneer of Winthrop. Lewis W. Howe was a farmer on the northern slope of Clark mountain. Mr Howe was born in Leeds in 1799 and died in 1858. John Lewis Howe was educated at the Edward Little Institute. In 1872 he married Mary Sparrow. He has served as select- man of Greene, and owns and carries on the homestead farm. He keeps 20 cows, markets butter and cheese in Lewiston and Boston, and has an orchard of 200 fine fruit trees. He has marked mechanical powers. Among his inventions are a ditcher, with elevator to carry the dirt to the sides of the ditch, that can be gauged to remove any depth desired, a hay-lifter, patented July 22, 1884, very simple and rapid in execution, a churn, butter-worker and salter combined, an article considered of unusual merit, and a butter-printer that moulds and prints 20 balls at once. The hay-lifter is in extensive use and its sales are rapidly increasing ; experts pronounce the other articles not only great successes in their lines, but founded on true mechanical principles. As an evidence of Mr Howe's pluck and ability, we would mention that when the authorities refused to build a road laid out in his vicinity, he constructed it for
527
TOWN OF GREENE.
three-fourths of a mile, through dense woods, along a side hill filled with bowlders, at his own expense, at a cost of $1,200.
Francis Edward Howe, a grandson of Stephen Howe, of Leeds, and son of Cyprian and Mary (Graffam) Howe, formerly of Leeds, later of Greene, was born February 6, 1842, in Leeds, where he was educated. Mr Howe married, January, 1869, Elcanor C. Pettengill. Their children were Lenora I. (married Fred Additon ), Orrietta L. (dec.), Lizzie J., and Ralph P. Mr Howe is a Methodist and a Republican, and is engaged in farming, and for a quarter of a century has conducted this business on the place where he now resides. He has 200 acres of land and 17 cows, and gives especial attention to the pro- duction of a fine quality of butter and cheese.
Moses C. Howe, brother of Francis E., was born in Leeds, January 2, 1856. He was educated in Leeds and Greene, and combines farming with his trade of a carpenter, and is an industrious and useful citizen. In 1886 he married Effie L. Norton. Their children are Theo N., Mary E., and M. Gertrude. Mr Howe is a Republican politically, and a Methodist in his religious views.
Charles W. Washburn was born in Windsor. His father, Cyrus Washburn, was born in Minot in 1796, and died in 1880, and was the son of Isaac Wash- burn, originally from Bridgewater, Mass., whose ancestors were among the proprietors of that town. His mother, Lois, daughter of Daniel French, was born in Turner in 1801. Charles M., married Louisa, a daughter of Hart Briggs, Jr, of Turner. Their children are Susan L. (Mrs Otis Deane of Leeds), Charles A., and Stella A. (Mrs Fred T. Hill). Mr Washburn is a farmer, and a Republican in politics, has been one of the selectmen, assessors, and overseers of the poor for 18 years, and represented Greene in the legislature in 1880. Charles Addison Washburn, A.B., was born in Greene, May 23, 1861. He is a teacher, acquired his education in Greene, Lewiston, Nichols Latin School, and Bates College, and was assistant at the Edward Little High School, Auburn, when he resigned in 1891 to become sub-principal of the Cony High School at Augusta. In 1886 he married Olive W. Parsons. His religious views are in accord with the Unitarians ; he is a Democrat and a member of the Masonic order.
Adelbert Ingalls Clark, a grandson of Amos Clark, of Newburyport (who was drafted to serve on Plum Island in the War of 1812), and a son of Amos Clark, Jr, and Olive H. Clark, was born in Greene, July 21, 1838. His father, a native of Newburyport, was educated there, and was a carpenter and a machinist. He subsequently settled in Greene, where he was a valued citizen. He was a corporal in the Aroostook War. He died in 1876. Adelbert I. Clark was educated in Greene, is a farmer and Republican. He is a veteran of the Civil War and served three years, enlisting February 17, 1862, in Com- pany G, Thirteenth Maine. He was transferred to Company H, Thirtieth Maine, December 26, 1864, and mustered out February 17, 1865, at Winchester,
528
HISTORY OF ANDROSCOGGIN COUNTY.
Va. He served under General B. F. Butler, and General N. P. Banks in the Department of the Gulf, and under General Phil Sheridan in the Shenandoah Valley.
Lorenzo Dow Manson, grandson of Samuel Manson, who was a native of Gorham, born in 1775, moved to Limington early in life, and died aged 94 years. The Manson family were pioneer settlers of Limington. Joseph Manson, son of Samuel, was born in Limerick, in 1804, and died at the age of 87 years. He married Martha R. Sedgley, and in 1836 removed to Greene, where, in 1839, their son, Lorenzo D. Manson, was born. Mr Manson was educated at Greene and Kent's Hill, is a farmer, Free Baptist, Mason, and a Republican. In 1865 he married Emily S. Adams. Children: M. Cathie (dec.) and Ethel B.
Samuel W. Adams, a grandson of Nathaniel Adams, and son of Ivory and Joanna L. (Watts) Adams, was born in Greene, November 24, 1846, and is one of the agriculturists of his native town, making a specialty of dairying. He married in 1867, Mary Mitchell. Their children are: Stephen M., Hannah, and Lucy. Mr Adams is a Republican in politics and Universalist in religious belief. He enlisted in the U. S. service, April 16, 1864, in the First Maine Heavy Artillery, and was stationed at Portland and Boston, and is a member of Custer Post, G. A. R., Lewiston.
Eli Hodgkins, grandson of Benjamin, of Harpswell, and son of John M. and Almira (Hodgdon) Hodgkins, was born in Greene, December 14, 1847. His father came to Greene from Brunswick about 1836, and located in the west part of the town. Mr Hodgkins was a prominent member of the Free Baptist church. He died June 23, 1863. Mrs Hodgkins died February 23, 1890. Eli Hodgkins was representative from Greene to the legislature in 1887; has been chairman of the board of selectmen for three years; trustee of Androscoggin Agricultural Society for 12 years; master of Androscoggin Grange, P. of H .; overseer of the County Grange, and for several years superintendent of the Free Baptist Sabbath school. He is a farmer and mechanic, a Republican, and member of the Free Baptist church, and a good citizen. He married, September 3, 1884, Nettie H., daughter of Calvin Robbins, of Buckfield. They have a daughter, Ida Belle Hodgkins. Calvin Robbins was the son of Joseph Rob- bins, who came from Hanover, Mass., and settled in Minot about 1788 or 1789, and was a brother of Luther Robbins of Greene.
529
TOWN OF GREENE.
CHAPTER XXIX.
Baptist Church -First Meeting-House -First Church Bell - Universalism - Free Bap- tist Church - Methodists - Adventists -Schools and Teachers -Temperance - Revolu- tion - War of 1812 - Madawaska War - Rebellion-Centennial - Longevity - Burying Grounds - Physicians-Oreharding and Orchardists - Merchants-Some Smart Things Done by Greene Men-Natives of Greene Attaining Prominence -Civil List.
B APTIST CHURCH. - Rev. James Potter was the first to carry the gospel to these people, and several professed Christ and united with the church in Lewiston. In 1793 a Church of Christ was organized by Elders Case, Potter, and Macomber. "A list of the persons names which were imbodyed in Greene August 15 AD 1793 as a Church of Christ ": Lemuel Comins, John Larrabee, Jacob Stevens, Benjamin Cole, Amaziah Reed, John Allen, John Comins, Jonathan Mower, Samuel Brownen, Jairus Phillips, Solomon Comins, Benjamin Parker, Rachel Comins, Jane Larrabee, Mary Daggett, Keziah Cole, Sarah Mower, Mary Herriden, Sally Young, Silance Phillips, Susannah Com- ings, Rhoda Reed, Anna True, Anna Rackley, Polly Larrabee. Mr Potter visited them frequently until they had a pastor. In 1794, 19 were added to the church. In 1797 Rev. Lemuel Jackson, of Sidney, became pastor, and, soon after he entered upon his duties, a season of mercy added 35 to the church membership. The first deacon was Lemuel Cummings, who was one of the early settlers of the town and a Congregationalist. As the new settlement was then without religious teaching, Mr Cummings suggested that the people should assemble on the Sabbath for worship, and he officiated as leader and held meetings in various dwellings, awakening great interest. When Elder Potter came, Mr Cummings was at first indifferent to the ordinance of baptism, but subsequently he came to a firm belief that "Christ immersed in the river Jordan, as an example and pattern to all his followers." He was baptized by Rev. William Stinson, united with the church and served it as deacon until age obliged him to resign. When Rev. Paul Coffin was here in 1800, he wrote: " The people are half Baptists, one-fourth Methodists, a few Friends, and the rest Congregationalists."
From 1802 to 1808, when the church was without a pastor, Deacon Cum- mings was a strong leader. In 1805 there was some revival and the church increased. In 1808 Rev. Thomas Wyman preached here for one year; in 1810 Rev. John Daggett ministered to this flock, and continued 10 years. During his pastorate, in 1817, the presence of the Lord was felt, and the church was increased by 60 new members. From 1821 to 1824 the church was again
530
HISTORY OF ANDROSCOGGIN COUNTY.
without a pastor, and suffered a loss of members. In 1825 it is said that the publication of Zion's Advocate was decided upon as the state organ of the Baptist church at a conference held in the house of Elijah Barrell. Rev. Daniel Pierce then became pastor, and in 1826 this church was blessed and 74 members were added by baptism. Rev. David Nutter and other ministers in the vicinity aided in this work. Rev. Reuben Ball was here in 1826. Rev. Samuel Fogg supplied from 1828 to 1831; D. P. Bailey from 1833 to 1835; in 1839 Rev. Phineas Pillsbury was pastor, and in 1840 54 were added by baptism. This aged man labored successfully as a preacher for 55 years. He died November 4, 1859. Rev. Martin Byrne came here in the spring of 1846, and preached one year. Rev. Cyrus Case came in February, 1848, and resigned in September, 1852. He died in Patten in 1874. It is said that his last sermon was from the text, "We all do fade as a leaf." Rev. Arthur Drinkwater became pastor in 1854. He was succeeded in the spring of 1857 by Rev. W. T. Sargent, who remained with the church about seven years. During his pastorate between 50 and 60 members were added to the church. He was a very popular pastor, and since he left Greene has frequently visited the town to solemnize marriages, attend funerals, and to baptize. Rev. David Nutter supplied the pulpit most of the time from 1864 to August, 1865, when Rev. T. W. Emerson became pastor. He remained about 18 months, and was suc- ceeded by Dr Wilson, who was with the church during the year 1868. It is said that he visited every family in town, and always walked. He was born in Topsham in 1794, graduated from Bowdoin College in 1819, and was the first editor of Zion's Advocate. From 1872, Rev. C. R. Daggett was pastor for about three years. Rev. C. M. Emery came in 1878. During his pastorate the vestry was finished, a parsonage built, and a church debt paid off. April 15, 1882, Rev. Mr Emery closed his labors with this church, and was succeeded by Rev. O. Richardson, who was dismissed September 27, 1885, and went to the North Livermore church. February 14, 1886, Rev. Robert Scott became pastor and continued until April 27, 1890.
Deacons .-- The first deacons of the church were Lemuel Cummings and Benjamin Cole, chosen October, 1793. Deacon Cummings was born in Charlestown, Mass., in 1745, and came to Maine in 1775. Lemuel Cummings, Jr, succeeded his father ; Deacon Cole served until 1797, when John Larrabee was chosen to fill his place, and retained the office until his death, when Jesse Coburn was chosen. Elijah Barrell was chosen deacon in 1838; Josiah Larrabee, in 1842; James Coffin, in 1850; Silas Sprague, in 1858; Joseph Jackson, in 1858; A. K. P. Mower was deacon in 1872; V. H. Sprague and H. H. Coburn were chosen in 1878. Mr Mower, Mr Sprague, and Mr Coburn are the present deacons. Clerks .- John Allen was chosen clerk, August 17, 1793; John Daggett, Sen., January 10, 1799; Elijah Barrell, March 9, 1820, and was clerk 37 years; Silas Sprague, December 24, 1857; Virgil H. Sprague,
531
TOWN OF GREENE.
October 17, 1867; W. F. Mower, December 21, 1875; J. M. Jackson, December 31, 1878. Byron G. Hill is the present clerk.
1 The First Meeting-House was built about 1794. It was located about 15 rods beyond where Leander Patten lives, on the left side of the road leading to William Sprague's house. It stood about four rods from the road, and end to the road. Deacon John Larrabee and his brother Stephen did the joiner work. It was one story high, 10 feet posts, 40 feet long, and about 36 feet wide. There was no steeple or chimney. It was finished outside, but no paint outside or in. It was underpinned with small, loose, flat stones, rough stone door steps. There was a rude post-and-rail fence on three sides, leaving the space next the road open. The outside door was in the center of the front, and was in two parts, opening directly into the house, there being no entry or porch. The inside was wholly unfinished, there being no plastering, not even a loose floor overhead. There was, in one corner of the chamber, a space boarded up, where the town kept its powder for military purposes, with a very small door, secured by a padlock. The desk, or pulpit, was on the back side of the house, opposite the door. It was raised two or three feet above the floor, a plain straight front, and a common board seat, without cushion or carpet. There was one row of pews around the walls-I think 22 in all, eight on the front side, six on the back side, and four on each end, not counting the corner pews twice, the corner pews were each six feet square, the others were all six feet one way, and varied from four to five feet the other. They were raised 10 inches above the floor, and were about four feet high, made of plain boards or panel work. The railing of the pews was a board six inches in width, with an open space of the same width, with small wooden pillars between, about one inch in diameter. There were plain board seats on three sides of the wall pews, the doors were in the center of the pews next the aisle. In the corner pews were four seats, the doors being in the corner. The body or center of the house was occupied by two rows of plank seats. These seats were free to all. The singers sat in one of these seats, there being no gallery. There was a bench in front of the pulpit, called the deacon's bench. There were 12 windows in the house, two each side of the door on the front side, two each side of the pulpit on the back side, and two in each end. Each window contained, I think, but am not certain, 20 panes of 6x8 glass. There was no stove in the house from 1794 to 1825-31 years. Meetings were held in the winter season alternately in the Centre and Coburn school-houses until 1825. The house we now occupy was raised in May, 1827, was dedicated in July, 1828. From 1825 to 1828 they had a stove in the old house. There were no sheds around the house ; rain or shine, cold or hot, every post was a hitching-post. Prior to 1810 or 1811, when the first carriage was brought into town by Benjamin Parker, and after, people went to meeting on foot and on horseback in the summer season. There were two sermons, one in the forenoon and one in the afternoon, with an hour's intermission, no Sabbath school. The people nearly all left the house, and went off in different directions, to spend the recess, returning at 1 o'clock. I think the people would not have been willing to have paid the minister more than half price for one sermon, when they could not remember half of that.
The First Church Bell in the town was raised to its position on the Baptist church. September 21, 1886, in the presence of a large concourse. The first strokes were rung by Mr Isaiah Coburn and Col Augustus Sprague, two of the oldest inhabitants. The bell is a Meneely, weighing 1,000 pounds, and is of fine tone and finish.
Universalism. - The Universalists were quite strong in numbers, and at a meeting held September 11, 1826, "for the purpose of consulting the propriety
1 By John E. Sawyer.
532
IHISTORY OF ANDROSCOGGIN COUNTY.
of building a Meeting House in Greene, to be called the First Universalist Meeting House in the town." A. R. Cutter was chosen moderator, Nathaniel Robbins, clerk, and Joseph Bailey, Luther Robbins, Turner Stetson, Elisha Keen, Caleb Bates, Thomas Longley were chosen a committee to superintend the building of the house. At a meeting in October, Alfred Pierce, Esq., was added to this committee. October 23 a meeting was held at the Centre school-house, and Dr A. R. Cutter was chosen treasurer and collector for the first Universalist Society in Greene, and it was voted to proceed in building the meeting-house, and this work was carried on to completion. March 28, 1829, this petition for a warrant to be issued was addressed to Alfred Pierce, Esq., one of the justices of the peace: " We the Undersigned Citizens of Maine over twenty-one years of age, being desirous of forming ourselves into a religious Society in the town of Greene, to be called the first Universalist Society in Greene and vicinity hereby request you to issue your warrant directed to one of the undersigned requiring him to notify a meeting of the petitioners to be held at the House of Ammi R. Cutter in Greene on the eleventh day of April next, for the purpose of organizing said Society, choosing such officers and transacting such business as religious societies are by law allowed to have and transact, Ammi R. Cutter, Luther Robbins, Elisha Keen, Joseph Bailey, Silas Richardson, Caleb Bates, David Hooper, Bradford Rose, Turner Stetson, Houghton Sumner, Jonathan Shepley, Elisha Stetson, Nathaniel Robbins, Russell Read, Eleazer Crocker, David Cary, Nathaniel Hill, Alfred Pierce, Reuben Bates, Solomon Brown."
Need help finding more records? Try our genealogical records directory which has more than 1 million sources to help you more easily locate the available records.